LAST UPDATED ON 29-04-2016
Website Designed by:G.Dharma Theja(M.Tech); Mobile:09422660405
unanimously decided to increase the welfare claim amount from Rs
28.04.2016: CHQ NEWS: Congratulations to AP Circle: 2015-16 revenue increased by 159.83 Crores (+7.77%) comparing to 2014-15.
28.04.2016: SNEA served notice for trade union actions as per the decision of the Kolkata CWC:
Charter of demands:
1. Implementation of Joint Committee recommendations on:
a) Standard pay scales of E2, E3 replacing E1A and E2A,
b) Time Bound Functional promotion or CPSU cadre hierarchy,
c) Uniform TBP between 4 to 5 years instead of 4 to 6 years w.e.f 01.10.2000.
2. 30% Superannuation benefit to BSNL recruited Employees.
3. Officiating pay fixation, pay protection – withdrawal of wrong clarifications issued on 30.05.2007 and 19.02.2010.
4. Promotions in different wings from JTO to SDE, JAO to AO, SDE to DE/EE, AAO to CAO and DE to DGM.
5. Membership verification among Executives Associations by addressing the issues raised. Restoration of trade union facilities and deduction of subscription from Salary till membership verification is conducted.
6. First Time Bound Promotion after 4 years from Lateral JTO and Sr SDE grades as done in the case of AAO and Sr AO grades.
7. Notional pay of E1A and E2A for Civil/Elect wings w.e.f 01.10.2000.
Programme of Trade Union actions:
Massive Dharna at BSNLCO, Circle/SSA HQs: 11th May, 2016
Relay Hunger Strike at BSNLCO, Circle/SSA HQs: 18th, 19th and 20th May, 2016.
If the issues are not resolved, more vigorous trade union actions will be resorted to from June, 2016.
25.04.2016: CS along with Com P. Srinivasa Prasad, CWC Member and Com Ravikumar Reddy, ACS met Shri P.V.Muralidhar, CGMT AP and discussed on the following issues.
1. Relieving of D.E.s whose request transfers are issued by CO: CGMT agreed to relieve the officers immediately.
2. Requested CGMT to write a letter to CO requesting for posting of some more DGMs to AP circle since many DGMs are retiring by the end of the year 2016. CGMT responded very positvely.
Requested CGMT AP to reduce number of long standing transfers in the
cadre of JTOs as the gaps can be filled up during LICE or with JTOs
who are coming to AP Circle under Rule-08. CGMT promised to look
into the matter.
23.04.2016: CS along with Com P. Srinivasa Prasad, CWC Member and Com G.Ramesh, DS, HTD met Shri K.Damodara Rao, PGM HTD and discussed on the issue of posting DGMs in the SSA. From Association side we gave inputs. PGM HTD assured to consider our views while posting of DGMs. Shri P.Sitarama Raju, G.M(HR and Planing), HTD was also present in the meeting.
22.04.2016:CS along with Com Chandrasekhar, AGS and Com Ravi Kumar Reddy, ACS met Shri Verma, Chief Engineer(Civil), AP Circle and requested to consider the long pending request transfers and to take necessary action for providing vehicles to all civil divisions in AP Circle. CE(Civil) assured to consider the request transfers immediately and assured to do needful in case of provision of vehicles.
22.04.2016: CHQ NEWS: Agenda meeting with Smt Sujata T Ray, DIR(HR): GS, CHQ President, AGS Com P P Rao and Jt Sec Com A Dahiya held detailed discussions with DIR(HR) in the scheduled meeting today for almost two hours over the left over issues in the charter of demands. GM(Estt), GM(Pers), GM(SR) and DGM(Estt) was also present in the meeting. This meeting was in continuation to the earlier meeting held on 07.04.2016. The following issues discussed:
1. 30% Superannuation benefit to BSNL recruited Employees: Detailed discussions held on the subject. Assn pointed out that the calculation made by EF section is nothing but an attempt to derail the long pending issue. EF section is changing the figures on medical (PRMB) frequently from 1.5% to 3% and then to 13.8% without any proper study or calculation. In all other PSUs, the contribution towards PRMB varies between 3% to 4.5% and there is no justification in the BSNL stand that the expenditure is 13.8%, Assn pointed out. It is not acceptable to us, Assn clearly told management. DIR(HR) agreed to our view point and informed that mgt couldnot consult SNEA and some major unions before taking a decision on 3% as all of us are out of station. So to start with, it is proposed 3%. After detailed discussion, DIR(HR) informed that mgt is not agreeing with the views of EF section and assured Assn that the exact amount will be worked on medical (PRMB) and review will be made on the contribution after that. After review, further increase will be made based on the actual calculation. This is a major breakthrough on 30% superannuation issue. We are closely monitoring further developments on this issue.
2. Officiating pay fixation, pay protection – withdrawal of wrong clarifications issued on 30.05.2007 and 19.02.2010: Detailed discussions held on various provisions of FR, Supreme Court judgment on pay fixation on officiating promotion, DoT orders, EPP and the clarifications issued to EPP. Assn pointed out that, former DIR(Fin) of BSNL clearly mentioned in a note that the stand taken by the Pers section that there is no pay protection is not correct as it is against the provisions of FR and DoT orders. We had given of copy of the document to establish our stand on the issue to the mgt. Hon Supreme Court also held that pay protection given on officiating promotion is correct. Moreover, in all the court cases, DoT stated that pay protection on Offtg promotion was given and BSNL cannot change the stand now. After discussion, DIR(HR) directed GM(Pers) to re-examine the whole issue based on the relevant rules and the documents submitted by SNEA.
3. Implementation of Joint Committee recommendations on:
a) Standard pay scales of E2, E3 replacing E1A and E2A: DIR(HR) told that frequent change of stand by some Assns is the stumbling block in the resolution of the issue. If all are taken a common view to address the issue of E1A and E2A pay scales, it would have been addressed long back. If Assns are demanding cascading effect, mgt will not consider the issue at all due to financial constraints. Mgt also not referred this matter to the committee, committee has been asked to examine introduction of E2 and E3 replacing E1A and E2A without touching other grades/scales. In order to address the issue, mgt taken steps by E1+5 increments and E2 scales. Assn clearly told that we stand by the Joint Committee recommendations on E2, E3 scales and it has to be implemented in letter and spirit. In the name of divergent views, mgt cannot deny the legitimate issue of standard pay scales of E2 and E3. This issue has to be resolved before the constitution of 3rd PRC, otherwise Assn or BSNL will not be in a position to submit even a memorandum to the PRC.
b) Time Bound Functional promotion or CPSU cadre hierarchy: The proposed presentation to CMD, BSNL is postponed to 26.04.2016.
c) Uniform TBP between 4 to 5 years instead of 4 to 6 years w.e.f 01.10.2000. During discussion, it is assured that it will be processed immediately after CPSU hierarchy as it is linked with the first two recommendations on pay scales and CPSU Hierarchy.
4. On JTO to SDE promotion under seniority quota, Mgt assured that all the formalities will be completed in advance. Action is taken to collect the VCs. All CSs are once again requested to send the VCs immediately. As updation of VC data will take lot of time for thousands of cases, VC has to reach BSNLCO well in advance. Efforts are being made to break the stalemate on LDCE promotion also, Mgt informed. SDE to DE promotion case is coming on 22.04.16, tomorrow. On AO and CAO promotion, the case is coming on 20.05.2016.
5. Membership verification among Executives Associations. Restoration of trade union facilities and deduction of subscription from Salary till membership verification is conducted. Mgt informed that subscription deduction cannot be considered at this point of time as it will affect/influence the outcome of membership verification. Further mgt assured that all efforts are taken to conduct the verification at the earliest. Appropriate action will be taken shortly to conduct the verification.
6. Time Bound Promotion after 4 years from Lateral JTO and Sr SDE grade as done in the case of AAO and Sr AO grades: It is a long pending demand of the Association. However it was not agreed by the mgt which had taken a stand that these are all upgradations. In EPP, hierarchy is defined as JTO/JAO to SDE/AO to DE/CAO and hence it cannot be considered. Further it was examined by a committee headed by Sri KCGK Pillai and the committee also found that these are upgradations and not post based promotions following the Hierarchy. Recently management issued clarifications allowing upgradations after 4 years from AAO and Sr AO grades. This discrimination has created large scale resentment among thousands of lateral JTOs and Sr SDEs. Assn requested to extend the same benefit to lateral JTOs and Sr SDE grades also to end discrimination. After discussion, it was assured that mgt will consider the case.
7. Notional pay of E1A and E2A for Civil/Elect wings w.e.f 01.10.2000: Assn request to consider the case sympathetically based on Vinay Sahi Committee recommendations. On comparison with JAO, mgt categorically informed that these two cadres are not identical as in the case of JAO, it was implemented as per the direction of Govt, Ministry of Finance. JAO pay scales were upgraded from 1997 itself, notionally. Further, similar cadres like PA/PS etc also to be taken into account. According to Estt section, huge financial implication is there, about 161 Crores, mainly on pension contribution. Later on Assn held further discussions with GM(Estt) and collected the details. The discussion will continue after examining the inputs.
22.04.2016: CHQ NEWS: Meeting with GM(Pers): GS and AGS Com P P Rao met GM(Pers) and Jt GM(Pers) and held discussions on:
1. Filing MA for early hearing in Hon Supreme Court on expert committee recommendations in 206 case: Assn requested to take immediate action to file an MA for early hearing. Since the judge given the judgment on 20.01.2015 in the main case is retiring on 2nd July, immediately after reopening of Hon SC, case has to be heard before the vacation. GM assured to take necessary steps.
2. Extending the benefit of reduction in tenure period to the Executives working in Rajouri, Poonch, etc as per the latest order. Assn requested to extend the benefit to the Executives already working in those stations prior to the order. GM(Pers) assured to consider the demand.
Request transfers/modifications in DE cadres: GM(Pers) assured that the cases will be considered next week.
18.04.2016: CHQ NEWS: Two crucial meetings are going to take place on 21.04.2016. DIR(HR) called a meeting of SNEA, AIBSNLEA and AIGETOA to finalise the E2, E3 pay scales. Pers section is giving a presentation to CMD and DIR(HR) regarding the implementation of Joint Committee recommendations on CPSU cadre Hierarchy and first TBP.
The outcome of these meetings on 21.04.2016 is so crucial with regard to implementation of Joint Committee recommendations and our strategy and future struggles fully depends on it. It is understood that there is a proposal in management circles to constitute another committee. In that case we have to forget about the standard pay scales, next pay revision for the Executives and CPSU cadre hierarchy as new committee means, another 3 years. Some section is creating conducive environment for the management to burry Khan Committee recommendations by making fresh demands when management is considering the implementation of the Joint Committee recommendations. We should not allow this game plan and protect the cadres. It is the responsibility of all the Executives. We cannot imagine another three years passing without promotions and finalising the pay scales.
As a last resort to resolve the issues through discussions, we are eagerly looking towards the outcome of these meetings. Similarly the superannuation issue also to be reconsidered by the management as reduction of contribution from 6% to 3% by showing 13.8% on medical expenses is something nobody can digest. Initially it was told that medical expenses is about 1.5%, then increased to 3% and now shoot up to 13.8%. In all other CPSUs it is between 3% to 4.5%. If the outcome is not positive and management is not taking action to approve atleast the pay scales in the next Board meeting, Assn will be going ahead with the orginizational actions as decided in the last CWC.
So organizational preparations at the grass root level in all the Circles is to be started next week onwards.
09.04.2016: CHQ NEWS: Meeting with Smt Sujata T Ray, DIR(HR) on the charter of demands: DIR(HR) called a meeting on 07.04.2016 to discuss the charter of demands submitted by SNEA. GS, CHQ President, AGS Com P Padmanabha Rao, Jt Sec Com Arvind Pal Dahiya represented SNEA. GM(Pers), GM(Estt), GM(SR) and DGM(SR) attended from management side. The response from management side is slightly positive and gives an impression that now they are serious to resolve the issues.
1. Implementation of Joint Committee recommendations on Standard pay scales of E2, E3 replacing E1A and E2A: DIR(HR) informed that management examined the Khan Committee recommendations and DIR(HR) had a detailed discussion with CMD on the subject. The financial implications, demands from various Assns and its implications and likely anomalies, terms of reference of the Committee, Khan Committee recommendations etc discussed. Management decided to implement the recommendations of the three Assns and Khan Committee, which recommended replacement of E1A scale with E2 and E2A scale with E3. The committee has been asked to examine replacement scales of E1A and E2A scales only. Mgt will consider only to that extend. The cascading effect is not agreed by the management in the initial stage itself due to huge financial implications and E3 to E9 pay scales are standard pay scales approved by DoT in 2009 itself and hence it cannot be changed. Mgt will restrict to the issue referred to the Khan committee. Management want to settle the non standard pay scales as demanded by the Assns which affect the JTO/JAOs of 2007, 2008, 2010, 2013, 2014 etc batches recruited after 01.01.2007. CMD directed DIR(HR) to inform this decision of management to all the three Assns, DIR(HR) informed us. A combined meeting will be called in the 3rd week once DIR(HR) back from tour. Immediately after that same proposal will be processed. Mgt appealed not to come on the way of settlement of this basic issue of finalisation of replacement scales for E1A and E2A before 3rd PRC. Assn requested to resolve this issue immediately, otherwise pay scale revision for all the Executives will be in trouble once PRC is constituted. Now the resolution of non standard pay scales of E1A and E2A by E2, E3 scales for the young JTO/JAOs are back on track due to our continuous pressure. However we should be on high alert and full organizational preparedness to counter any attempt to derail the issue.
2. 30% Superannuation benefit to BSNL recruited Employees: Assn told management that it was clearly assured in the Jaipur AIC in the presence of all other trade union leaders that 6% will be the contribution from management side. Now it is a betrayal from management side by unilaterally reducing it from 6% to 3%. Mgt try to justify the action without any convincing reason. Earlier, EX CMD offered upto 4% but it was not accepted. Mgt is trying to justify it by stating that 3 to 6% was a proposal and after detailed calculation it is decided for 3%. The Finance wing was not even ready for 3%. According to them already sufficient contribution is making.
Management further informed that a meeting of the Assns and Unions was called on 19.02.2016 to discuss the proposal in which AIGETOA and NFTE was present. SNEA, BSNLEU, AIBSNLEA etc was not present. It was told to them about the 3% proposal. Eventhough those who are present not agreed for 3% but they didn’t opposed. It is surprising that when 3 to 4% offered two years back, they are opposing it demanding nothing less than 12% but now keeping a studied silence. Assn made its stand very clear that 3% is not acceptable to us and earlier assurance of 6% which takes the total contribution to 24% should be implemented. Mgt informed that further discussions on the details will be held shortly.
3. Time Bound Functional promotion or CPSU cadre hierarchy: DIR(HR) assured that the recommendation will be processed soon. Mgt is keen to implement it. A presentation on the implementation of Jt Committee recommendations will be given to CMD on 21.04.2016. Once the broad recommendations are accepted by the management, further discussions will be held to discuss implementation. DIR(HR) assured that Assns suggestions on placement/absorption of Executives working in two or three scales above directly in higher grades without DPC as a onetime measure and giving relaxation in qualifying service for promotion to the next grade, decentralized DPCs at Circle level as followed now in EPP to avoid delay, uniform date of promotion which will end pay anomalies etc will be considered positively at the time of implementation.
Assn requested to present the 3rd recommendation of Uniform first TBP between 4 to 5 years instead of 4 to 6 also in the presentation.
4. Promotions in different wings from JTO to SDE, JAO to AO, SDE to DE/EE, AAO to CAO and DE to DGM.
The status of various promotions discussed one by one. The court cases on various DPC also discussed. On JTO to SDE DPC, Mgt informed that all preparatory work is completed and shortly a favourable decision from Ernakulam HC is expected once the Hon HC is reopened. On LDCE promotion, all the 321 cases are transferred to PCAT, New Delhi and it will be heard this month itself. The hearing on court case at Chandigarh on JTO to SDE (LDCE) and SDE to DE is listed for hearing this week itself. The other court cases related to JAO to AO promotion and AO to CAO promotion is posted in May, 2016.
5. Membership verification among Executives Associations by addressing the issues raised and restoration of trade union facilities, deduction of subscription from Salary till membership verification is conducted.
Assn strongly demanded for conduction of membership verification immediately. There is no stay on verification as propagated by SR section and others. Those worried about verification only giving propaganda about stay. The Hon court stayed one of the provisions of the Recognition Rules which arbitrarily disallows the Assns registered under Trade Union Act. There is no guidelines to disallow them. If verification is delayed further, Assn demanded to restore the Trade union facilities available before the notification and start deduction of subscription from salary.
DIR(HR) immediately asked GM(SR) why verification is not conducting if stay is not there and further directed to discuss with GM(Legal) to find a way out to end the deadlock and start verification.
on the following issues postponed to the next meeting: a) Joint
Committee recommendations on Uniform TBP between 4 to 5 years instead
of 4 to 6 years w.e.f 01.10.2000, b) Officiating pay fixation, pay
protection – withdrawal of wrong clarifications issued on
30.05.2007 and 19.02.2010, c) Time Bound Promotion after 4 years from
Lateral JTO and Sr SDE grade as given in the case of AAO and Sr AO
grades, d) Notional pay of E1A and E2A for Civil/Elect wings w.e.f
01.10.2000. Since DIR(HR) is on tour next week, next meeting will be
held in the 3rd week.
09.04.2016: CHQ NEWS:
30.03.2016: Meeting with GM(Pers/Rect): GS, CHQ President and Chairman/SNEA met GM(Pers) on 29.03.2016 and held discussions on the following issues:
a) Implementation of CPSU Cadre Hierarchy as per the Joint Committee recommendations: To end disparity in promotions in various wings and ensure smooth career progression, CPSU cadre Hierarchy is the only solution. It will bring uniformity in promotion in various wings and will end the litigations related to seniority etc. The executives belongs to all the wings should get the promotions uniformly after completion of the same length of service. Now promotions in different wings vary from 4 to 20 years in equivalent cadres. Assn demanded to implement the CPSU cadre Hierarchy at the earliest which is the only solution to the deadlock on promotions and the disparity in promotions. GM(P) assured that once DGM DPC is completed by this week, main focus will be given on this issue.
b) DE to DGM Promotions: DPC is completed and efforts are being made to issue the promotion order on 30.03.2016 to the extent APAR/VCs received. Meanwhile GS met Chairman DPC and requested him to complete the formalities as few eligible officers are retiring on 31st March. In the late evening Chairman and other DPC members signed the minutes after completing the formalities. If both the lists are coming together today, about 435 DEs will be getting promotion as DGM.
c) Eligibility to appear in the LICE from TTA to JTO: Assn requested GM (Rect) to consider the case of counting pre-appointment trg as service for the purpose of eligibility to write the internal examinations as per the DoPT guidelines and take a final decision based on RR provisions immediately.
29.03.2016: JTO to SDE promotion case at Hon High Court of Kerala: The case is listed for 04.04.2016, Monday.
28.03.2016: District Conference of SNEA, Ongole was conducted on 27.03.2016 at Hotel Mourya, Ongole in a grand manner. District Conference was presided by Distrcit President Com V.Srinivasulu. District secretary Com. Venkateswarlu presented the DS report. District Treasurer Com. Chandra Sekhar presented the audited accounts. Both the reports were adopted by the conference. Com P.Padmanabha Rao, AGS; Com J.Umamaheswara Rao, CP; com A.Viswanath, CS and Com Chalamaiah, CWC Member attended and addressed the delegate session. AGS and CS elaborated on all Circle and CHQ issues.
On the occasion District Conference open session was conducted. Smt. B.Chandrasena G.M.T.D Ongole SSA attended as Chief Guest and addressed the open session. Com Venkateswarlu, DS SNEA Ongole submitted the key note address. The open Session was presided com V.Srinivasulu, DP SNEA, Ongole.
Chief Guest Smt. B.Chandrasena G.M.T.D Ongole in her address said that all the Officers, specially SNEA members, are participating in the developmental activities at Ongole SSA. She mentioned about the importance of team work and explained how the RC sales improved with the involvement of Staff and officers at newly opened CSC at O/o GMTD Ongole. Assured to take up all the issues mentioned in Key Note Address submitted in the Open session.
CS and AGS enlighted the members about the latest position of BSNL and also appealed to the members to further improve the service to customers where BSNL is lagging behind. Also appealed to members to actively participate in the 100 days program 'SWAS' announced by Forum of unions and Associations from 1st January 2016.
The following are elected unanimously for the next term:
1. District President: Com K.Mohan Rao, DE, Chirala Mob: 9490143311
2. District Secretary: Com P.Mallik Babu, SDE Mob: 9441996866.
3. District Treasurer: Com T.V.Krishnaiah, SDE, Ongole Mob: 9441995999
22.03.2016: SNEA AP Hosted Lunch in connection with Retirement of Shri G.S.Marshall, PGM(HR &Admin) AP Circle on 29.02.2016. Shri P.V.Muralidhar, CGMT AP, Sri D.S.Narendra, Sr.G.M(HR&Admin), AP Circle; Sri G.Rajaram Mohan, DGM(HR); Sri Sidhartha Kumar, AGM(A) and Sri M.Narasimhulu, SDE Staff attended.
Sri P.Padmanbha Rao AGS SNEA, CS, local circle Office Bearers of SNEA AP and Dist. Secretary HYD City division participated in the lunch program. SNEA AP thanked Sri GS Marshall for his kind cooperation extended to SNEA AP. On behalf of SNEA AP CGMT honored the guest with a momento.
Photo 1 Photo2 Photo3
21.03.2016: CS along with Ravikumar Reddy ACS(Hq) and P.Srinivasa Prasad CWC member met Sri P.V.Muralidhar, CGMT AP and discussed on the various issues discussed in CEC meeting. Submitted letters on ERP and Mission Bhageeratha works etc.
21.03.2016:CHQ NEWS: Implementation of all the three Joint Committee recommendations
All the three Joint Committee recommendations are inter-related, it cannot be implemented in isolation. It can be implemented in the same order of recommendation. CPSU recommendation is based on standard pay scales of E2, E3 and the demand of first TBP is based on the pay scale and CPSU hierarchy since anomaly happened after 2nd PRC. If pay scale from 2007 is not finalized, the residency period from JTO to SDE promotion cannot be decided and demand for first TBP also will be delayed. In short all the three recommendations are related and to be implemented in totality without any change.
Our demand on pay scale was replacement of E1A, E2A, E3, --- E6 scales by E2, E3, ---- E7 scales, ie with cascading effect. BSNL is not ready to touch E3, E4 --- E6 pay scales as: a) they are standard pay scales already approved by DoT and b) having huge financial implications of more than 300 Cr in terms of pension contribution to Govt. BSNL moved further to demote the JTO, SDE equivalent cadres from E1A to E1 and E2A to E2 by even amending the RRs. Then Assn decided to first protect the cadres from demotion. All other Assns also had the same view and Joint Committee constituted in 2012 with the limited terms of reference of E1A to E2 and E2A to E3. So for the time being, the demand restricted to replacement of non standard pay scales of E1A and E2A with standard pay scales of E2, E3. This has been discussed and decided in the CWCs and last Jaipur AIC also.
The Jaipur AIC further resolved to get E2, E3 pay scales by protecting the 5 promotions already we have by continuous struggle in 2002 and 2005. Why the Executives has to lose one promotion in their service? How an Assn can think about a promotion policy where executives are losing one promotion without any benefit?
Some real examples:
a) 1993/94 rect JTO joined in 1997: Ist TBP(E2A) in 2005 instead of 2006, E3(SDE grade) on 01.01.2007, IInd TBP(E3, Sr SDE grade) in 2010 instead of 2011, IIIrd TBP(E4) in 2015 instead of 2016, IVth TBP(E5) in 2020 instead of 2021 and Vth TBP(E6) in 2025 instead of 2026. If Sr SDE grade is abolished, the Executive will reach E6 scale in 2020 itself and Vth TBP and fixation in 2025 will lose. Result in cascading effect and mgt and DoT will delay implementation.
b) 2001 rect JTO joined in 2002: Ist TBP(E3, SDE grade) in 2007, IInd TBP(E3, Sr SDE grade) in 2012, IIIrd TBP(E4) in 2017, IVth TBP(E5) in 2022 and Vth TBP(E6) in 2027. If Sr SDE grade is abolished, the Executive will reach E6 scale in 2022 itself and Vth TBP and fixation in 2027 will lose. Result in cascading effect and mgt and DoT will delay implementation.
c) 2007 rect JTO joined in 2008: Ist TBP(E3, SDE grade) in 2013, IInd TBP(E3, Sr SDE grade) in 2018, IIIrd TBP(E4) in 2023, IVth TBP(E5) in 2028 and Vth TBP(E6) in 2033. If Sr SDE grade is abolished, the Executive will reach E6 scale in 2028 itself and Vth TBP and fixation in 2033 will lose. Result in cascading effect and mgt and DoT will delay implementation.
On CPSU Cadre Hierarchy, Joint Committee comprising of all the 3 Assns (SNEA, AIBSNLEA, AIGETOA) recommended promotions after every 5 years from JTO to SDE, SDE to Sr SDE, Sr SDE to DE and De to DGM. All are of the unanimous opinion about this new hierarchy. If Sr SDE grade is abolished now, then recommendation will become invalid and CPSU cadre Hierarchy cannot be implemented as recommended by the Committee. If Sr SDE grade is abolished, seniors, juniors, fresh recruits, all will lose one promotion. If the real intention is to stop the implementation of CPSU Cadre Hierarchy and come out of the seniority tussle, then one can go ahead with fresh fresh demands for decades together.
On pay fixation in the same E3 scale on promotion from SDE to Sr SDE grade, we very well know that nothing will come without struggle. When management decided to demote E1A to E1 and E2A to E2, we never accepted it and struggled to get E2 and E3. Similarly if fixation is not given, we have to struggle for that with BSNL, DoT, DPE etc. Those struggled, like BHEL, NTPC etc they got it. We had already discussed this issue with senior officers in DPE and they assured that if administrative ministry refer the matter, they will allow it as in the case of other PSUs. So don�€™t surrender without any struggle.
If Sr SDE grade is abolished from 01.01.2007, the likely anomalies to be created, one simple example:
On 01.10.2000: E1A scale (JTO/JAO), 01.10.2004: E2A Scale (SDE/AO, functional), on 01.01.2007: E3 scale and on 01.10.2008: E4 Scale.
On 01.10.2000: E2A scale (SDE/AO), 01.10.2004: E3 Scale (Sr SDE/Sr AO) and on 01.10.2009: E4 Scale.
Result: A JTO in 2000 reaches E4 scale in 2008 where as an SDE in 2000 reaches E4 scale in 2009.
On 01.10.2000: E1A scale (JTO/JAO), 01.10.2004: E2A Scale (SDE/AO, functional), on 01.01.2007: E3 scale and on 01.10.2008: E4 Scale.
On 01.10.2000: E2A scale (SDE/AO), 01.10.2004: E3 Scale(Sr SDE/Sr AO), 01.01.2007: E4 scale as Sr SDE grade abolished, 01.10.2009: E5 Scale (DGM), 01.10.2014: E6 Scale (SG JAG) and no promotion or fixation in 2019 which is available now.
On 01.10.2000: E2A scale (SDE/AO), 01.10.2004 E3 Scale(Sr SDE/Sr AO), 01.01.2007 E4 scale as Sr SDE grade abolished --- 01.01.2012: E5 Scale (DGM) if residency period in E4 scale only counted on 01.01.2017: E6 scale(SG JAG) and no promotion or fixation in 2019 which is available now.
1. Change over to E4 scale on 01.01.2007 will not give any fixation benefit. One promotion and fixation benefit will lose in entire service.
2. This results in cascading effect which management opposes. The implementation of standard pay scale, CPSU and first TBP implementation will delay. In the similar manner, all Executives in E4 scale to be shifted to E5 and E5 to E6 as on 01.01.2007.
3. Recovery and reduction of one increment drawn between 2009 to 2014 on CAO/DE promotion.
Similar anomalies will occur for various batches.
One increment given on promotion to SDE/AO/DE/EE/CAO/DGM will be withdrawn which will create anomaly as Executives will be at loss.
To address this issue, Joint Committee recommended to retain Sr SDE/Sr AO grades in the same scale of E3 and recommended to make necessary changes in the EPP to give fixation benefit on promotion from SDE to Sr SDE in the same pay scale of E3.
In the name of who become CMD, Director, CGM, GM, the future of more than 90% of the Executives (about 43,000) whose journey ends at E6 scale in SG DGM grade(very few posts available at GM/CGM level, about 800, 2% of the total Executives) should not be spoiled, that is the firm stand of SNEA.
18.03.2016:CHQ NEWS: A father left 17 Camels as an Asset for his Three Sons. When the Father passed away, his sons opened up the will. The Will of the Father stated that�€�..
The Eldest son should get Half of 17 Camels,
The Middle Son should be given 1/3rd of 17 Camels,
Youngest Son should be given 1/9th of the 17 Camels,
As it is not possible to divide 17 into half or 17 by 3 or 17 by 9, the sons started to fight with each other. Finally, they decided to go to a wise man.
The wise man listened patiently about the Will. The wise man, after giving his thought, brought one camel of his own & added the same to 17. That increased the total to 18 camels.
Now, he started reading the deceased fathers will.
Half of 18 = 9. So he gave 9 camels to the eldest son.
1/3rd of 18 = 6. So he gave 6 camels to the middle son.
1/9th of 18 = 2. So he gave 2 camels to the youngest son.
Now add this up: 9 + 6 + 2 = 17 and this leaves 1 camel, which the wise man took back.
The attitude of negotiation & problem solving is to find the 18th camel, i.e. the common ground. Once a person is able to find the common ground, the issue is resolved. It is difficult at times but not impossible�€�..
In standard pay scale issue, the 18th camel is staying in E3 scale for 10 years (by reaching it 5 years earlier) without losing financially, also ensuring 5 TBPs as in existing EPP and also BSNL need not loose around 400 Cr in the form of pension contribution. And we can always take back the 18th camel once the financial health of BSNL is improved, which is very much visible. Now let us decide whether we are ready to add the 18th camel to resolve the standard pay scale issue or keep it tangled.
Remember the need of the hour is replacing E1A and E2A with E2 and E3 as this is having the direct impact on post 2007 executives and the 3rd PRC. And those of who are worried about eligibility to DGM RR(External Recruitment) can wait for some more time�€�..
17.03.2016:CHQ NEWS: Meeting with GM(Pers) and Jt GM(Pers): GS and Jt Sec met GM(Pers) on 17.03.2016 and held discussions on the following issues:
1. DE to DGM promotions: GM(Pers) informed that Pers section is trying to complete the DPC by tomorrow to the extent APARs and VCs are available. Shortly after that promotion orders will be issued. Pending list of APARs and VC uploaded in the intranet.
2. E5 to E6 upgradations for DGM(Adhoc): Based on our letter dated 11th March, 2016, BSNL management re-examined the whole issue and finally decided to withdraw the Board memo which was pending in the BSNL Board. Necessary clarifications will be issued to Circles like RAJ to extend E6 scale as per EPP provisions. Assn took the stand that the financial upgradations upto E6 scale is regulated by EPP and not by BSNLMS RR. Last BSNL Board meeting discussed the issue but luckily didn�€™t taken any decision. The matter was come to our notice recently and immediately taken up with the management. If the proposal was accepted, all the executives working as DGM(Adhoc) and got the upgradation from E5 to E6 as per EPP would have affected and created anomaly.
3. Request transfers: GM(Pers) informed that most of the request transfers are approved and orders will be issued. Pending cases if any will be taken up after the orders.
4. Independent charge for JTOs in higher scale: As a first step towards introduction of CPSU cadre hierarchy, JTOs in higher scale will be given independent charges directly reporting to DE/AGMs with financial and administrative powers. Orders will be issued soon. This will be in addition to the looking after arrangement. Combined strength of JTO and SDE will be taken together.
I. Recommendation of the Joint Committee on standard pay scales:
As per the detailed calculation by AGM(Estt.I) U.O Note no. 1 -0I/2O12-PAT(BSNL), dt, 9th June 2015, the annual implication for replacing the pre-revised EIA and E2A pay scales with the revised E2 and E3 pay scales is estimated to be about Rs.40 crores. If arrears are also paid, then the expenditure shall be Rs,260 crores without cascading effect of replacement of higher pay scales and Rs. 400 crores for change with cascading effect on successive higher pay scales.
The committee hopes that the young executives and all staff of BSNL will work hard to turn around BSNL.
BSNL is on recovery path, as Hon MOC mentioned that BSNL has come on the State highway and now it has to move on to National Highway. When the executives, JTO/SDE and equivalent cadres go on deputation to BBNL, MTNL or any other organization, they are fixed with lower status due to this anomaly. The Committee recommends the following:-
i. The standard pay scales for JTO and equivalent grades in replacement of the pre-revised E1A pays scales may be fixed at E2 level in revised scale. Similarly, those of SDE and equivalent grades may be replaced from pre-revised E2A pay scale to E3 in the revised scale.
ii. Necessary changes in the EPP may be made, if required, and also the approval of DoT for issues of related pension outgo, gratuity etc., may be sought by concerned wings of BSNL.
II. Recommendation of the Joint Committee on CPSU Hierarchy and first TBP w.e.f 01.10.2000:
Thus, the following is recommended:
a).JTO to SDE and equivalent eligibility shall be 5 years of regular service in the grade and benchmark to be kept as Good and not more than one Average For SC/ST candidates two Average may be allowed.
b).SDE to sr. SDE and equivalent eligibility shall be 5 years of regular service in the grade and benchmark to be kept as Good and not more than one Average. For SC/ST candidates two Average may be allowed.
c).SDE to DE and equivalent eligibility shall be 5 years of regular service in the grade and benchmark to be kept as Good and not more than one Average. For SC/ST candidates two Average may be allowed.
d).DE to DGM and equivalent promotion will be restricted to availability of posts. The balance DEs may be promoted as Jt. DGM (parking Lot). DE to DGM and equivalent eligibility shall be 5 years of regular service as DE and benchmark to be kept as Very Good and not more than one Good. For SC/ST candidates not more than two Good.
e). DGM to JAG-SG and equivalent may be promoted in the grade of E6 in 5 years as per existing time bound promotion scheme with the benchmark of Very Good and not more than one Good. The benchmarks in above (c)&(d) are same as in Schedule-ll of existing CPC as per Group A RRS.
f) There are some UPSC recruited DEs or equivalent of 1995 batch etc., as on today. All UPSC recruits; of all batches may be promoted en-bloc to DGM if they meet the benchmark. The executives already promoted to higher post on post based promotion will stand senior en-bloc.
To examine the implementation of first time bound promotion uniformly after four years w.e.f. 01.10.2000.
Committee is of the view that after the recommendation given above for CPSU hierarchy, this issue gets resolved partially. As per recommendation already given for Agenda 1 in the third meeting of committee on 09.07.2015, the minimum service required for upgradation from E2 to E3 as proposed in (a) above is 5 years.
To address the anomaly, the Committee recommends that first pay scale upgradation will be given in maximum of five years instead of six years, notionally w.e.f. 01.10.2000. However, existing provision of first time bound promotion after reaching minimum of next higher scales in four year shall remain unaffected.
From the above recommendations it is evident that Jt Committee recommended promotion from JTO -- SDE -- Sr SDE --� AGM -� DGM equivalent grades. We stand by those recommendations. Jt Committee recommended promotion from SDE to Sr SDE and Sr SDE to DE and not recommended to abolish Sr SDE grade as it will create serious anomalies:
Some examples of pay fixation on such cases:
BHEL pay revision order, page 3.
6.2 Pay Fixation on Promotion: One notional increment equal to the increment being drawn by the executive in the pay scale, before such promotion would be granted and pay fixed in the promoted pay scale and rounded off to the next multiple of Rs.10.
NTPC pay revision order, page 6.
6.0 Pay Fixation on Promotion:
Basic pay shall be fixed in the promoted grade after allowing one notional increment at the rate of 3% of basic pay in the pre-promoted revised pay scale and rounded off the resultant to the next multiple of Rs.10/-
17.03.2016: Congratulations to Sri Anupam Shrivastava:
CHQ President and Jt Sec met Sri Anupam Shrivastava and congratulated
him for his regular appointment as CMD, BSNL for the full term. His
earlier appointment as CMD, BSNL was for one year. Regular
appointment came after evaluating his performance as CMD for the last
16.03.2016: Court cases in Hon Supreme Court on 206 seniority and 147 seniority related issues: Both cases were listed for hearing today. After some preliminary arguments regarding which case has to be heard first, Hon Court adjourned both cases. Next date of hearing will be intimated later.
A contempt petition was also filed by the 147 officers on the recent DGM promotions for 213 officers. Hon SC observed that since the promotion orders are issued subject to the outcome of the SLP as directed by the Hon SC on 07.07.2014, there is no reason to intervene at this point of time and Contempt petition not admitted. Now BSNL management can go ahead to fill-up all the DGM posts.
14.03.2016: GS writes to CMD/BSNL reminding about the unanimous resolutions adopted by Central Working Committee held at Kolkata on 08th and 09th February urging upon BSNL Management to immediately address in totality, the crucial HR issues which continue to linger. CWC decides to take recourse to trade unions actions under most compelling and unfortunate circumstances unless the issues are resolved by the end of March, 2016.
CHQ is trying to resolve all the HR issues through discussions, without any compromise on the Joint Committee recommendations. In case results are not coming by this month end, as decided in the Kolkata CWC meeting, all organizational preparations are to be done at grass root level to start the organizational actions in the month of April, 2016.
14.03.2016: It is really unfortunate that during last few years we are witnessing that whenever management inclined to consider implementation of standard pay scales of E2 and E3 replacing the non standard pay scales of E1A and E2A, some section starts counter demands in the form of E2, E3 from 01.10.2000, cascading effect etc to scuttle its implementation. They may not be bothered about the demotion of the basic cadres of JTO/JAO and SDE/AO to E1 and E2 scales respectively, rather they are concerned that the juniors recruited after 01.01.2007 ie. 2007, 2008, 2010, 2013, 2014 and the fresh recruits are getting E2 and E3 scales.
Upto 2012, all Assns demanded upward revision of all pay scales. After realising the ground realities, all Assns agreed to address the issue of non standard pay scales and Joint Committee formed in 2012 with specific terms of reference.
The Joint Committee discussed all the issues in detail and finally made the recommendations for replacing the non standard pay scales by standard pay scales of E2, E3 and CPSU cadre Hierarchy from JTO/JAO -SDE/AO - Sr SDE/Sr AO -AGM/CAO/EE. When everybody in the Committee realised that cascading effect is not possible at this point of time, keeping that demand open to address in future, made the recommendations about replacement of E1A and E2A. Any deviation from Joint Committee recommendation on pay scale and CPSU Hierarchy at this point of time will put both the issues again in the cold storage as happened for the last 4 years since 2012.
This time we will not tolerate it and all our field units should be in full organizational preparedness to defeat this sinister move of management and some sections of Executives.
14.03.2016: Court cases at Hon CAT, Chandigargh:
The court cases related to JTO to SDE, JAO to AO, SDE to DE and AO to CAO promotion came up for hearing today. After partial hearing, it is postponed to 31.03.2016. Hearing will continue on 31.03.16.
12.03.2016: >>>>click here for photos>>>>>>
CIRCLE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING
CEC Meeting of SNEA AP was held at Hotel Siddhartha, Vijayawada on 12.03.2016. CEC started with Hoisting of Association Flag by Circle President Com. J.Umamaheswara Rao in the presence of CHQ Office Bearers Com P.Padmanabha Rao, Com A.Chandra Sekhar, Circle Secretary Com A.Viswanath, Circle Treasurer Com K. Vidya Sagar Reddy and all Dist. Secretaries, CWC Members, Circle Office Bearers, CEC Members from entire AP Circle.
Com Raju, District Secretary, SNEA Vijayawada, the Host Branch, welcomed the office bearers to the CEC. CEC observed 2 minutes silence in memory of departed comrades. CEC paid rich tributes to late Com. W. Seshagiri Rao. CHQ Office bearers garlanded the portrait of Com Seshgiri Rao and all members present paid floral tributes. Circle President gave Opening remarks and asked Circle Secretary to submit the report. House discussed elaborately on the CS Report. CS clarified on all the issues raised by the Members. Circle Treasurer Com K.Vidyasagar Reddy submitted the financial report and explained the present financial position of the SNEA AP Circle.
CEC members discussed and expressed their opinion on all the important issues like finalisation of E2, E3 Standard pay scales, CPSU Cadre Hierarchy, 30% superannuation benefit to BSNL recruitees, MT Recruitment (Internal and External), DGM Recruitment with eligibility for internal candidates, Pay anomalies of TTAs selected as JTOs, regularization of Officiating JTOs, FR 22(1) (A) (1) Fixation in case of officiating / Regular JTOs, JTO-SDE DPC,LDCE, SDE to DE DPC, DE to DGM Adhoc Promotions, Seniority ( List 6 & 7) etc. CEC unanimously passed a resolution to request CHQ to expedite the settlement of issue of 30% superannuation benefit to BSNL recruited employees with pension contribution of not less than 6% and with an option to increase contribution year by year as per the assurance given by BSNL Management in the AIC.
CHQ Officer bearers Com P.Padmanabha Rao and A.Chandrasekhar addressed the CEC members and explained the latest position on E2, E3 Standard pay scales, CPSU Cadre Hierarchy, 30% superannuation benefit to BSNL recruitees, MT Recruitment (Internal and External), DGM Recruitment with eligibility for internal candidates, Status of various court cases, Membership Verification etc. Also gave latest financial position of BSNL and requested all the executives to work vigorously to get benefit from Third PRC. Com P.Padmanabha Rao AGS clarified on the queries raised by the members.
CEC honored Com K.Nagamurthy COS, SNEA AP as he is retiring on superannuation on 31.03.2016. Also honored Com P.Padmanabha Rao and A.Chandrasekhar on their election as CHQ Office bearers in the recent AIC.
Elaborate and lengthy discussions were held on the subject of Viability of BSNL particularly AP Circle and all the District Secretaries and COBs gave their suggestions. CEC members gave very valuable inputs and they will be taken further and suggestions will be submitted to AP Circle Administration shortly.
CEC passed a Unanimous resolution thanking the comrades of SNEA of Krishna SSA for making excellent arrangements for conducting CEC, particularly, the efforts of Com. Raju, District Secretary, SNEA KR and Com J.Umamaheswara Rao, Circle President, SNEA AP Circle.
Important Decision Taken in CEC:
11.03.2016: Consistent stand of the Association on replacing non standard pay scales of E1A and E2A for JTO/JAOs, SDE/AOs and equivalent cadres by standard pay scales of E2 and E3 to be understood in right perspective since these cadres were demoted from E1A and E2A to E1 and E2. Also the mechanism of time bound functional promotion, CPSU cadre hierarchy, is a long term and everlasting career growth mechanism. We have to strive to facilitate its implementation.
This Association, as very responsible, realistic and credible institution, will act as an enabler and facilitator, not an obstructionist, to get the recommendations on these twin critical issues implemented, keeping in view the constraints and the ground realities.
Implementation of the recommendations remains a big challenge for us and let us stays united and vigilant to ensure that the recommendations are implemented as quickly as possible.
Joint Committee was constituted originally in 2012 and reconstituted in May 2015 to examine the crucial issues of introduction of standard pay scales of E2 and E3 to replace non standard pay scales of E1A and E2A, which were reduced to E1 and E2, for JTOs/SDEs and also to end the painful and continuing stalemate in our career growth by bringing in new mechanism of Cadre hierarchy, which assures time bound functional promotion, regardless of availability of posts and seniority.
Let us understand the basic fact regarding replacing non standard pay scales of E1A and E2A by E2 and E3 for JTOs/SDEs. Equivalent scales of E1A and E2A were not agreed upon by DOT and DPE. BSNL Management, instead of upgrading these scales to higher stages of E2 and E3, brought them down to E1 and E2. That is precisely where we intervened and strongly opposed the move to demote the cadres of JTOs/SDEs from E1A and E2A to E1 and E2. This is the genesis of the issue and that is why the Joint Committee was tasked to examine the issue of these cadres alone, and not others. These terms of reference were accepted in principle by all the three Associations who were part of the Joint Committee and thus negotiations and the final recommendations of the committee are obviously restricted to JTO/JAO, SDE/AO and equivalent cadres only. This fundamental fact has to be understood and appreciated. The committee did not have mandate to go beyond this.
Change in pay scales from E3 to E4, E4 to E5 and E5 to E6 and E6 to E7 (cascading effect) were not in the terms of reference of the Joint Committee since those pay scales are standard pay scales and already approved by DoT. Nevertheless that never means that we shall not be struggling in the days to come to raise this issue once the crucial issue of the reversion of cadres of JTOs/SDEs is defeated and resolved conclusively. This is time to exclusively and single-mindedly focus on replacing E1 and E2 by E2 and E3 for JTO/SDEs. Let us not get distracted under any circumstances to get this serious anomaly corrected now itself to pave the way for future upgradation of pay scales for Sr SDEs/DEs/DGMs/SG DGMs equivalent cadres.
Change in the above pay scales not going to give any financial benefit to the existing Executives as all of them crossed the minimum of the next higher scales as on 01.01.2007. Settlement of E2, E3 pay scales will take us close to our original demand of E2, E3 to E7. This demand is still on and can be taken up at appropriate time. E2, E3 will be the stepping stone for this in the future.
Implementation of E2, E3 scales will definitely benefit the young JTO/JAOs recruited in 2007, 2008, 2010, 2013 and 2014 and future recruits. Similarly the Executives becoming SDE/AO after 01.01.2007 also as they will reach E3 scale directly instead of E2A scale, in 5 years.
Seniors reached E3 scale in 10 to 11 years, now our juniors will reach E3 in 5 years, it is not demoralisation but really motivation to the cadre.
Joint Committee recommended E2, E3 scales replacing E1A and E2A. Cascading effect is not considered or recommended by the committee as it was not in the terms of reference. Then raising the demand now after becoming part of the Joint Committee recommendation when management is considering implementation of E2, E3 scale is nothing but delaying or derailing tactics on implementation of E2, E3 scale?
If Sr SDE equivalent scale is abolished, one upgradation got between 2007 and 2016 to E3 scale in Sr SDE equivalent grade and consequent fixation for large number of Executives will be affected and all will face recovery and reduction in pay. Further, youngsters will lose one assured promotion in their entire service. It will create lot of anomalies also.
If Sr SDE equivalent grade is abolished, then it has to be merged either with SDE or DE. Merger with SDE is not acceptable to us. In case of merger with DE, thousands of Executives in E3 scale from 01.01.2007 has to be shifted to E4 scale. Then naturally Executives in E4 has to be shifted to E5 and so on. This is nothing but cascading effect which management not ready to consider at all.
The reversion/demotion of the JTO/JAOs from E1A to E1 and SDE/AOs from E2A to E2 is more demoralising than a Sr SDE continuing in the same pay scale of E3 without any financial loss. That also when he reaches E3 scale in 5 years instead of present 10 to 11 years.
If E2, E3 scale is not implemented, youngsters and the cadre will lose heavily but seniors will not lose anything evenif cascading effect is not implemented.
Contradicting or changing stand from the Joint Committee recommendations at this point of time will be the only stumbling block in implementation of E2, E3 pay scale for the youngsters. They are torpedoing the E2, E3 scales and the future of the cadre as well as the 11,000 JTO/JAOs recruited in 2007, 2008, 2010, 2013 and 2014 and the future recruits.
Joint Committee recommendation on CPSU cadre Hierarchy, assuring three(3) functional promotions in addition to financial upgradation to E5 and E6 scales is as under:
a) JTO to SDE grade after 5 years of regular service as JTO.
b) SDE to Sr SDE grade after 5 years of regular service as SDE.
c) Sr SDE to AGM grade after 5 years of regular service as Sr SDE.
All the three Associations are signatory to the above recommendations.
In CPSU hierarchy, all promotions are functional promotion and nothing is there like non functional promotion. In CPSU Hierarchy, Sr SDE grade is also functional promotion.
In the joint committee, SDE to Sr SDE and Sr SDE to DE promotions are recommended by the members, then how the stand is changing now by demanding to abolish of Sr SDE grade.
If Sr SDE equivalent grade is abolished, then it has to be merged with either with SDE or DE. Merger with SDE is not acceptable to us. Management will not agree for the other proposal.
If Sr SDE grade is abolished, youngsters will lose one promotion in their entire service. After 20 years of service (E2 to E6 scale, each after 5 years), for the remaining 15 years of service, they will not have any promotion, demoralising the entire Executives.
For the sake of seniors to get an early promotion to DE grade who already enjoyed the benefit of promotion to Sr SDE scale earlier, it is not fair to abolish one promotion for the youngsters for their entire service period.
It is not a new phenomenon in BSNL alone that two grades, SDE and Sr SDE equivalent are in the same pay scale of E3. In NTPC, E2(Sr Asst Engineer) and E2A(Engineer) grades are working in the same E3 pay scale and E7(Dy General Manager), E7A(Addl General Manager) and E8(General Manager) grades are working in the same E8 pay scale. In BHEL, E5(Sr Manager) and E6(Dy General Manager) Grades are working in the same E7 pay scale and E6A(Sr General Manager), E7(Addl General Manager) and E8(General Manager) grades are working in the same E8 pay scale. In BSNL itself, Addl General Manager, General Manager, Chief General Manager and Executive Director are working in the same pay scale of E9.
Implementation of CPSU cadre hierarchy will ensure one functional promotion for atleast 30,000 Executives to SDE/AO or Sr SDE/Sr AO or DE/CAO/EE equivalent grades on the day of its implementation.
All the Executives promoted or recruited prior to 2012 will get one functional promotion on the day of CPSU implementation.
effort at this crucial stage to ask for amendments of the
recommendations of Joint Committee is nothing but a clear attempt to
derail and defeat settlement of both the crucial issues of
introduction of standard pay scales for JTO/JAOs, SDE/AOs and
equivalent cadres as well as CPSU cadre hierarchy. Implementation of
3rd recommendation is fully depending on the first two issues. We
have a unique, distinguished and chequered history of facilitating
and enabling the implementation of the recommendations of the
committees, of which we were part and parcel and signatory, to get
the issues resolved, not derailed or defeated by having second
thoughts after being part and parcel of the committee, its
deliberations and the final report submitted by the committee.
Raising extraneous issues at this crucial hour is nothing but a
sinister and clear move to defeat settlement of both these crucial
issues. Let us remain united and extraordinarily vigilant to ensure
implementation of the recommendations of the Joint Committee in
letter and spirit, at the earliest and hidden agenda or selfish
motives are not derailing the recommendations. Our eyes should be all
set on resolution of these critical issue.
10.03.2016: Lunch hour demonstration on 10.03.2016 conducted successfully all over AP Telecom circle.
10.03.2016: GS writes to DIR(HR) regarding implementation of standard pay scales of E2, E3 replacing the intermediary pay scales of E1A and E2A w.e.f 01.01.2007 as per the Joint Committee recommendations.
Lunch hour demonstration on 10.03.2016
Forum of BSNL Unions/Associations holding lunch hour demonstration today in protest against Govt move to introduce TAX on EPF withdrawals and demanding
a) Settlement of 78.2% IDA for the pensioners without linking it with MTNL pension.
b) Payment of USO subsidy for Rs 1250 Cr before March, 31st.
c) Pension contribution, by BSNL, to the government should be calculated only based on actual basic pay of the employees and not on the maximum of the pay scale.
d) Reimbursement of salaries of employees deputed to DoT and TERM Cells.
Eventhough Govt announced withdrawal of TAX on EPF withdrawals, Forum is going ahead with the lunch hour demonstration on other important issues.
08.03.2016: Special CL snactioned for attending CEC Meeting at Vijayawada on 12.03.2016.
>>>>>Click here for the letter>>>>>>>
07.03.2016: CS along with P.Padmanabha Rao AGS, P.Srinivasa Prasad CWC Member and V.Ravikumar Reddy ACS met Shri P.V.Muralidhar, CGMT AP Circle and discussed on the issue of posting of DGMs and on some of our issues. CGMT AP responded positively.
04.03.2016: LICE FOR PROMOTION TO THE GRADE OF JTO IS ISSUED
>>>>>Click here for the notification>>>>